Players Enjoy Dota 2 Betting Sites
Dota 2 is the follow-up game to the well-liked Warcraft III modification Defense of the Ancients game, also known as Dota, designed by Valve. The sequel was debuted at a Valve-hosted tournament, The International, which boasted a prize pool of $1.6 million.
After spending two years in the beta phase, Dota 2 was initially released in July of 2013, and at that point could already lay claim to over three million active players. Currently the game is still gaining popularity, as is evidenced by the current viewer and player numbers as well as the enormous prize pool total, standing at more than $20 million in 2016. Dota 2 is free to play, and can be downloaded by means of the game client belonging to Valve, Steam.
Even when this game was languishing in its beta phase it managed to reach the top spot in terms of eSports games, and, thanks to this fact, bookmakers started making Dota 2 betting sites; markets; and odds available very early on, especially for the larger events like the TI series. Currently all Dota 2 betting sites offer punters win bets, while some will provide wagers for uncommon in-game achievements as well.
An Overview of Dota 2 Betting Sites
Punters should make use of comparison sites to vet Dota 2 esports betting sites, as doing so will ensure that betting is only undertaken at bookmakers who are able to provide a valid betting license for the odds offered on Dota 2 tournaments and leagues.
Various criteria are considered by these comparison sites when it comes to reviewing Dota 2 betting sites, and these include:
- The size and quality of the bonuses and promotional offers the Dota 2 betting sites make available, including the requirements the punters has to meet in order to make use of these
- Whether or not the site has a valid betting license that allows it to legitimately offer the services it does
- Whether or not the odds on offer are competitive ones
- The range of methods the site provides by which punters are able to both deposit their money and withdraw their winnings
- The quality and availability of the customer support agents the site has in place to aid punters in resolving any questions; queries; or obstacles they may encounter
Wager Options Provided at Dota 2 Betting Sites
There are options for players who do not wish to jump into the real money fray immediately, and using so-called play money is a popular option for those new to the world of Dota 2 betting. Of course the excitement of, and real money rewards connected to, making use of real money to lay wagers is lost if this course is followed, but newcomers can find their feet with this method, and hold off laying actual wagers until their confidence increases and they are reasonably certain they stand a chance of making returns.
The most common results that are wagered on in Dota 2 betting is the final winner of a series of games; how far a team manages to get in a tournament; and team betting which is based on individual players’ roles and their statistics, but there is a good variety on offer for punters to explore.